Hello Snapchatters! Welcome to another series about the Snapchat app. We have talked a lot about Snapchat in the past weeks, including making stickers on Snapchat. And here comes another guide on how to go public on Snapchat. Snapchat is one of the top social media apps with unique features that makes the app fun and more excited.
The public profile feature enables Snapchatters to engage with a vast audience on Snapchat. Making your Snapchat account public has so many unique features to boost your brand in front of other Snapchat users across the world.
And that means you’re not only limited to your friends alone, but everyone on Snapchat will see your story, highlights, etc.
Since its first introduction in 2011, the Snapchat app has made great strides, and it still manages to delight fans by regularly introducing new features.
Snap’s messaging app just received a massive new music upgrade in a not-so-subtle attempt to compete with TikTok, but the company is not ready to stop there.
Snapchat has recently extended the opportunity for users to build public accounts to share content with a broader audience.
It is a reasonably excellent method for Snapchat to appeal to an audience of individuals who want to generate viral content without switching platforms.
This guide will show how you can create a Snapchat Public Profile to get the most out of the platform.
Requirements For making A public Profile On Snapchat
If you created a new Snapchat profile just now, you would not be able to see the feature to create a public profile right away; please be patient enough to wait at least 24 hours, and you can then proceed to make your account public.
And failing to adhere to the Community Guidelines may render an account disqualified for a Snapchat Public Profile. Remember, you must be 18 years of age or older before making a public profile on Snapchat.
How Do You make A Public Profile On Snapchat?
Below are to steps to follow when making your Snachat account public:
- Open the Snapchat App and navigate to your profile icon.
- According to the current app version elements, the newest feature called ‘Add to Snap Map’ will be visible under ‘Stories’ or the ‘Spotlight & Snap Map’ area.
- Tap on the ‘3-dot’ button next to this option, then select ‘Create Public Profile.’
- Snapchat will now walk you through all of the additional features available with a Tier 1 Public Profile.
- To go to the next stage, click ‘Continue’ at the bottom of your screen.
- And select ‘Get Started.’
- Snapchat will prompt you about your decision to go public. Click on “Create” to continue making your account public.
- It launches a ‘Settings’ page with a new ‘Public Profiles’ section and a new ‘My Public Profile’ under it.
- To begin, click on it.
- Congratulations, you have established a Snapchat Public Profile!
What To Do Next After Making A Public Profile On Snapchat
Now that you have made your Snapchat account profile public, you need to customize it to look attractive for your Snapchat followers.
Make sure you fill out all of the required information. Create a good bio, specify your region, and allow people to view your account whenever they choose.
The subscribe icon needs to look very appealing so that you can generate a fan following in no time!
The Highlights and Lenses tabs are now available to you. You may use this platform to generate breathtaking snaps and stories relevant to your specialty.
A Public Profile includes far more elements than a typical profile. When you establish a Snapchat Public Profile, your account will have several unique aspects that you can customize.
- Bio: You get 150 characters to inform your viewers about your brand in your bio.
- Location: Inform your friends and supporters about your current location.
- Business Type: Choose one of the business types.
- Subscribe Button: This is the button your viewers click to subscribe to your profile.
- Subscriber Count: The total number of subscribers, excluding friends.
- Verified Status: When a user’s account is verified, a yellow checkmark appears just beside their username, indicating that they are communicating with the official brand account.
- Website Link: Include a link to your website or homepage that allows Snapchat users to access special deals or items.
Importance Of Having A Public Profile On Snapchat
As said earlier in this post, making a public profile on Snapchat has many features and benefits. And here are some of the things you will see in your new public profile account on Snapchat:
You Get The Snapchat Insight Tool
Snapchat will give a demographic insight into your Snapchat followers, which will let you know the group of people following your account. This feature is essential for your Snapchat account growth, and it will let you know the types of content your followers like and their countries.
You Also Get Complete Access To The Lens Studio
Lenses are interactive alternatives for businesses to communicate with customers using the famous enriched reality feature.
More businesses and brands use specific filters to thrill and captivate their target audience. You may store your Lenses to your profile, allowing Snapchat users to find your content at any moment.
Opportunity To Appear On Spotlight
The Snapchat Spotlight highlights the fascinating Snaps, regardless of who made them. And making a public profile on Snapchat is one of the best ways to make money on Spotlight. You have to submit your best snaps to the Spotlight community, and this will let people know more about your profile when your snap goes viral.
FAQs On How To Make A Public Profile On
Below are some of the frequently asked questions about how to make a public profile on Snapchat:
What is a public profile on snapchat
How to post on public Snapchat stories
1. Open the Snapchat app.
2. Take or select a Snap.
3. Optional: Add an attachment by tapping on the paperclip on the Preview screen of your Snap.
4. Send the Snap to your Story by tapping your brand’s name under ‘My Story’ and tapping ‘Send.
How to delete public profile Snapchat
2. Sign into the username you’d like to delete.
3. Go to ‘My Profile’
4. Open ‘My Public Profile’
5. Tap on Settings.
6. Once in Settings, scroll to the bottom and select ‘Delete Public Profile’
Gideon Awuah is a digital marketer and SEO specialist with 3 years of experience in affiliate marketing. Gideon is also the founder of Youths4success.com, a blog that provides tips and tutorials on using the online presence to improve your life.