Learn how to register for MTN Mobile Money In Ghana yourself.
Do you want to register for a mobile money account? After successfully registered your MTN Subscriber Identification Module (SIM), the next thing is to have your MTN SIM card registered for a mobile money account.
Since the introduction of MTN mobile money in Ghana, the FinTech (Financial Technology) world has made local and online transactions become so easy.
With a mobile money account, one can send money or receive money from abroad and can perform so many transactions such as, paying bills, school fees, top-up airtime, buy treasury bills, buy internet bundles, and a lot more.
How To Register For MTN Mobile Money In Ghana
In this guide, you’ll learn how you can register for MTN mobile money account in three simple ways. So, sit down, grab yourself a cup of coffee and read on to discover how you can register for MTN mobile money in Ghana yourself.
What You Need Before Registering A Momo Account In Ghana
Before you can register for an MTN Mobile money account in Ghana, you are required to present the following documents for registration.
- Valid ID Card (Voter’s ID Card, National ID Card, Passport or Driver’s License, and NHIS Card)
- Date of Birth
- MTN Registered Phone Number
How To Register For MTN Mobile Money
Registring for MTN Mobile money is not a headache at all. Just follow the steps outlined below to register your MTN number for a subscriber Mobile money account.
- Visit any nearest MTN Mobile Money Authorised Agent or nearby MTN office with a valid National ID Card.
- The Agent / Merchant will take your personal information (Name, Date Of Birth, Phone Number, etc.)
- The agent will proceed with the registration process and.
- You’ll have to wait for some minutes to receive an SMS asking you to register.
- Dial *170# on your mobile phone to continue the process from your end.
- MTN will then ask you to provide your preferred 4-digit Momo pin. (Make sure you enter the pin that you can easily remember and never share this pin with anyone.)
- Enter your preferred Mobile Money PIN code.
- Confirm your pin number by repeating the same numbers again.
- Congratulations, you now have a subcriber MTN mobile money account.
- MTN will now send you a welcome message to confirm your registration
How To Register For MTN Mobile Money Online
Do you know you can register for MTN Mobile money online without visiting an MTN agent or merchant? All you need is your smartphone with a good internet connection. The steps below will guide you through.
- Visit the official MTN Ghana website.
- And click on “register.”
- You’ll be asked to provide your account details for the registration.
- Enter your Full name (Name on your ID card) and provide your MTN registered phone number.
- Enter your secret code (Momo Pin)
- Enter the captcha displayed under your username.
- MTN will then send you a temporal account password to your phone.
- Input the temporal Password sent to your mobile phone
- Create a new password that you can remember or write down the one given to you by MTN Ghana.
- Repeat the password in the third space and click on continue
How To Register For MTN Mobile Money Using MyMTN App
Are you aware of the MTN mobile app? It is called the “MyMTN app.” It contains all the features and benefits that every MTN subscriber will enjoy. And in this step, I will show you to to create your MTN mobile money account using the MYMTN app.
- Visit App Store (iPhone) or Play Store (Android) and download and install My MTN app Ghana on your phone.
- Fill in your personal details using these steps:
- Enter your first and last name as registered on your ID card.
- Select your gender Tap on the list box.
- Select Ghana from the list.
- Enter your date of birth and fill in your contact details using these steps:
- Enter your mobile number.
- Provide your address number.
- Enter the city you are currently living in and.
- Input your Post Code