What is Scooter Braun net worth as of today?
Since music became a lucrative business, it has created more billionaires than most typical businesses an average investor would venture into according to Forbes. From Jay Zs to Rihhana and many more. The list is so long that you might have forgotten Scooter Braun’s net worth and the network of businesses he built from music.
Scott Samuel popularly known as Scooter Braun is an American music executive, entrepreneur, and business magnate. He is the manager of some of the most popular American stars you know such as Demi Lovato, Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, and a few more. Today’s piece will talk about Scooter Braun net worth, some of his businesses, ex wife, and divorce issues.
And before I even list the number of investments in music as well as other businesses Braun has made, let’s take a dive into his biography.
|Scott Samuel ‘Scooter’ Braun
|Date of Birth
|June 18, 1981
|Place of Birth
|Cos Cob Connecticut
|Emory University, Atlanta.
|Music Investor ad
|Yael Kohen [ Divorced ]
|Scooter Braun Net Worth
Scooter Braun started the music business at a very tender age when he was at the University of Emory when Jemaine Dupri asked him to be head of marketing at his label So So Def. So he dropped out of college and work alongside studying for his degree.
He began by organizing after-parties and when he got hired by Anger Management to organize after-parties for five big cities during Anger Management Tour featuring Ludacris and Eminem in 2002, he knew he just had a launch to begin his personal label.
scooter braun net worth and What He Does
His exploits as a music investor started when he convinced Justin Bieber and his family to move from and come to the US and sign for Island Def Jam Record with he partnered with his first record label Raymond-Braun Media Group.
He is also the co-founder of Ithaca Holdings, a holding company that owns and operates various media businesses, such as Big Machine Label Group, Mythos Studios, Atlas Music Publishing, and more.
According to Forbes, Scooter Braun’s net worth is estimated at $600 million as of 2023. His income sources include management fees, royalties, production deals, investments, and acquisitions.
It is difficult to estimate how much he earns from each business, as some of them are privately held and do not disclose their financial information. However, some of his notable deals include:
- Acquiring Big Machine Label Group for $300 million in 2019, which gave him the rights to Taylor Swift’s first six albums. Swift has publicly criticized the deal and accused Braun of bullying and manipulation.
- Selling Ithaca Holdings to HYBE (formerly known as Big Hit Entertainment), the South Korean company behind BTS, for $1.05 billion in 2021. Braun and his partners received $430 million in cash and $620 million in HYBE shares.
- Signing a multi-year first-look deal with Amazon Studios in 2018 to develop scripted and unscripted projects for Amazon Prime Video. Some of the projects include a documentary series about Demi Lovato and a comedy series starring Lil Dicky.
- Investing in various startups and companies, such as Uber, Spotify, Pinterest, Waze, Headspace, and more. He also launched his own venture capital fund called TQ Ventures in 2018.
- He is currently the owner of Hybe America, SchoolBoy Records, and Raymond-Braun Media Group.
Scooter Braun is apparently a bigwig in the music business, aside from managing some of the superstars you know, he has also received a number of prestigious awards such as:
- Billboard’s Power 100 List
- Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Variety Hitmakers’ Executive of the Year Award
Scooter Braun Divorce His Wife
After tying the knot in 2014, sources confirmed the couple’s separation last July, stating that they were “taking some time apart to sort things out,” adding, “They love each other and just need some time apart; they will hopefully get back together for the sake of their children.”
Braun filed for divorce days later, citing irreconcilable differences, as another insider told PEOPLE they “decided to move ahead with the divorce,” adding: “They’re committed to keeping things amicable for the kids. They don’t want to have a messy divorce.”
Scooter Braun Ex Wife To Receive $20 Million in Divorce Settlement
During their divorce, Scooter Braun and Yael Cohen divided their assets. The 41-year-old Grammy-nominated record executive will pay his 35-year-old ex-wife $20 million. The couple had an existing matrimonial agreement.
Braun, who represents artists such as Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber, will retain, among other properties, the $65 million estate he purchased last September.
In addition to a 2018 Porsche Cayenne GTS, a 2019 Tesla Model X, multiple golf buggies, an electric scooter, and a private aircraft, he receives more than 100 works of art, including works by Andy Warhol, Keith Haring, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Jasper Johns, and others.
Cohen will retain the 2021 Land Rover Defender, several works of art, and their $30 million Brentwood family residence.
The $20,000,000 payment to the F— Cancer founder and CEO covers the property value division and is a buyout for spousal support.
The former couple has also agreed regarding joint custody of their three children: Jagger Joseph, 7, Levi Magnus, 5, and Hart Violet, 312 years old. Braun will contribute $60,000 monthly to offset the cost of raising the three children.
- Who Is Jocko Willink’s Wife, Helen Willink
- Where Is Dare Taylor Today? Everything You Need To Know About Her
- Quando Rondo Net Worth: Bio, Career, Hit Songs, And Shooting Case
- Meet Cecilia Becker, The Daughter Of Vera Wang
- Meet Leeya Eliana Shapiro, Ben Shapiro’s Daughter