Private or public cloud: which one is right for your business?
Are you planning to migrate your business to cloud technology? It will give you a more modern, convenient, secure, and cost-effective way to operate on big data sets. Not sure what solution will be the best? Find out which cloud will suit your business – private or public!
Business benefits of public cloud
The public cloud shares resources on a large scale, providing rapid scaling. The resources of individual clients are isolated by specific software. The operating environment is managed by the service provider, who constantly supervises its functionality.
This solution significantly reduces costs (it relieves the need to create and maintain private infrastructure) and is extremely scalable but can be troublesome in terms of integration with other clouds or local resources. Additionally, it will not always meet strict security requirements.
When to opt for the public cloud?
- The instant gratification of computing power and storage needs.
- Testing and development of applications.
- Running virtual workstations.
- Long-term data archiving.
- Supporting overseas operations.
- Using mobile applications.
- Storing of data collected from the Internet.
This model is usually used by small companies and startups that either cannot afford their environment or do not have as many needs yet. Larger companies occasionally use public clouds, however, they only transfer a selected piece of infrastructure.
Business benefits of private cloud
A private cloud is an exclusively owned environment, which makes it extremely efficient – you do not have to share resources with anyone. You can fully manage and modify it accordingly, as you have total control over them. This makes it much safer than a public one and meets strict legal regulations, such as RODO. This is created in your data center (on-premise infrastructure) or an external data center.
When to opt for private cloud?
- Using specific hardware solutions.
- Migrating core IT infrastructure, including CRM and ERP systems, accounting systems, and production environments.
- Using applications that behave predictably from the side of resource requirements and do not require excessive amounts of disk space.
- Complying with the highest data security and legal requirements.
This model is used most often by large companies, as well as government institutions and organizations in finance, healthcare, etc.
How to find the best cloud services for your business?
In many cases, entrepreneurs are in a dilemma as to what the best solution will be. Because of this, hybrid clouds or multi-cloud environments (combining different models) are exceedingly popular. In practice, it is best to use professional support, i.e., a cloud service provider.
One of the best companies in the European market is CloudFerro. It works not only with entrepreneurs but also with more demanding organizations, representing for example the space industry or climate science research. It offers favorable terms of partnership and cost-effective billing plans. For more information, visit https://cloudferro.com/en/.
- Why Is It Important To Create Effective Business Objectives?
- How Businesses Are Using Live Streaming To Engage Customers
- Growing Your Business In A Digital World: Key Things To Consider
- Bucharest Airport Taxi – A Premium Service For Business Travelers