If you’re an Apple device and a fan of Apply Pay, then, let me guess, you landed here because you were trying to know does Starbucks take Apple Pay or not, and obviously, the benefits and things to know about Starbucks Apple Pay usage.
Well, just like Wendy’s, Starbucks also accepts Apple Pay and they have been doing that since 2015. And it offers many benefits for the customers who use it.
So, in this blog post, I will tell you how to go about using Apple Pay at Starbucks and how to configure some of the needed configurations for Apple Pay and Starbucks Wallet. So let’s go through it.
Does Starbucks Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Starbucks accepts Apple Pay payment service, and it’s a delight for the workers as well as customers because the workers or the staffs get over the hassle of counting or checking the money as the customers also get carrying cash along.
The payment process is pretty straightforward.
- At the check-out counter, double-click the side button of your iPhone, and it will open Apple Pay
- Pick the Starbucks card or any credit you have added and use it to pay.
- To pay, hold the face of your Apple device near the contactless reader
- Confirm with Face ID or Touch ID and you will ‘Done’ and you’re done.
how to set up apple pay
To use Apple Pay at Starbucks, you need iPhone 6 or later, an Apple Watch paired with an iPhone 5 or later, and also a debit or credit card from a participating issuer. With this, you came to make payments with the Apple Watch when you don’t have the iPhone with you.
So, this is how to set it up.
- Open the Wallet App on your phone and tap the ‘+’ sign
- Enter your card details manually or scan your card with an app scanner
- You can add up to 8 cards on your iPhone
Note, you first added card becomes the default card but you can set any of the cards as a default in Wallet App settings.
how to pay Starbucks with iPhone and Apple Watch
To pay with Apple Pay with your iPhone, make sure your added card has sufficient funds, and when the order is processed,
- Tap the side button of your iPhone with Face ID and glance at your phone to authenticate your face. Now, the first card is your default but you can tap on the default to select another card and that will request you to authenticate with your face again.
- Hold the iPhone’s rear up to the contactless reader to confirm payment.
- If your iPhone is Touch ID, double tap the Touch ID to select the card or proceed to the payment.
- Hold the iPhone to the level of the contactless reader with your finger on the Touch ID
- You see a confirmation on the screen when it is done
To use Apple Pay with Apple Watch,
- Double-click the side button of the watch to launch Apple Pay and proceed to payment or select a different card to pay.
- To select a different card, tap o te default card and select your preferred card
- Now, send the display of the watch closer to the contactless reader and wait for the ‘beep’ sound signifying payment completion.
how to pay with apple pay within the Starbucks app
you can as well use Apple Pay within the Starbucks app to order ahead, reload your Starbucks Card, or tip your barista.
- To do so, download and install the iOS Starbucks app
- Tap on the menu icon
- Tap Settings and select Payments Methods
- Tap Add Payment Method and chose Apple Pay
- Follow the prompts to verify your ID
You can now use Apple Pay as an option when you check out your order in Starbucks App.
how to add a Starbucks gift card to your Apple wallet
If you have a Starbucks Gift card, you can add it to your Apple Wallet and use it with Apple Pay. To do so,
- Launch your Wallet app and tap on the ‘+’ sign
- Tap on Find Apps for Wallet and select the Starbucks app
- Follow the instructions to link your Starbucks account and add your gift card to your wallet.
You can also scan the barcode of your gift card with your camera or enter the code manually.
how to add money to Starbucks card using apple pay
Now, you have a Starbucks card in your wallet already, you can reload it using Apple Pay which has your bank connected. To do so,
- Launch your Wallet App and tap on Starbucks Card
- Tap on the info icon and select Add Money / Funds
- Choose an amount and tap Add
- Select Apple Pay as your payment method and confirm with your Face ID, Touch ID, or Passcode.
Wait for screen confirmation and also an email confirmation or email receipt. Voila! You’re done.
benefits of using apple pay at Starbucks
- It is fast and easy
- Secure and private
- It is rewarding
- It is convenient
- It is compatible
Now, you know whether Starbucks accepts Apple Pay and also how to pay with Starbucks App. Gift Card and also load your Starbucks with funds from Apple Pay.
Is Apple Pay Accepted at Starbucks?
Yes, Starbucks has officially listed Apple Pay as their payment method. Whether through Starbucks App, Gift Card, you can easily pay for your food at Starbucks with Apple Pay
Why can’t i pay with apple pay on Starbucks app?
You can actually pay with Apple Pay on Starbucks app if you have already added the Starbucks App on the Wallet App. If your issue persist, restart your phone and try again