Does Wendy’s Take Apple Pay, This Is What to Know
Does Wendy’s take Apple Pay will be the first question to cross your mind if you ever wanted to patronize the franchise with Apple Pay. Well, the answer is Yes, they do. But there are steps to it and things to know to avoid comprising our bank details.
Wendy’s began implementing Apple Pay at some of its location as of mid 2022 by upgrading their Points-Of-Sale [POS] terminals to accept Apple Pay both in-store and in the drive-thru in the US.
As at the time of this article, Wendy’s accepts Apple Pay at most of its locations in the US. In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of using Apple Pay at the Wendys and also other alternatives if Apple Pay is not accepted.
how to use apple pay at wendy’s
- Have A Compatible Apple Device
It is not all Apple devices that support Apple Pay. For example iPhone 5s The Apple devices that support Apple Pay are iPhone 6 and later, iPad Air 2 and later, iPad mini 3 and later, iPad Pro models, and Macs with Touch ID or Face ID.
So, the first step to be able to use Apple Pay at the Wendy’s is make sure your Apple device be it iPhone or Apple Watch or iPad supports the service and that you have added a credit or debit card to your iOS Wallet app.
- Find The Nearest Wendy’s That Accepts Apple Pay
One of the way to find out whether a Wendy’s accept Apple Pay is to look out for the Apple Pay logo displayed at the check-out counter or the drive-thru. Or you can inquire from the cashier or the restaurant staff to know whether the Apple Pay is accepted.
Better still, if you can’t go out but still want to confirm, yo can use the Wendy;s app or the website to confirm if the nearest Wendy’s accept Apple Pay.
- Pay With Apply Pay By Holding Your Device The Contactless Reader and Confirm with Face ID or Touch ID or passcode.
This is the last step in using Apple Pay at the Wendy’s but it requires you to set up. If you haven’t [ which you must at the start], download iOS Wallet app and add your prepaid, debit and credit card.
Pay With Your iPhone
- If your iPhone has Face ID, double-click the side button to activate Apple Wallet. Authenticate with Face ID or enter your passcode.
- If your iPhone has Touch ID, double-click the Home button.
- Hold the top of your iPhone near the contactless reader at the checkout counter.
- Wait until you see the “Done” and a checkmark on the display
Pay With Your Apple Watch
- Double-click the side button on your Apple Watch.
- Your default card will automatically open on the screen.
- Scroll down to choose a different card if needed.
- Hold your Apple Watch display near the contactless reader at the checkout counter until you feel a gentle tap and hear a beep
Benefits of using apple pay at the wendys
As an Apple Pay user at the Wendy’s, I can tell you some of the great benefits in using Apple Pay at the Wendy’s.
- It Is Fast and Easy
Obviously, this is the first luxury of the service. You don’t need to carry cash or your cards along, just your Apple device, then, a few seconds of patience to complete the transactions.
- It is Secure And Private
You have total control over transactions with notifications and transaction history in the wallet app.
- It Is Rewarding
Using this serive at the Wendy’s can earn you rewards from your card issuer. Rewards such as cash back, points, or miles depending on your card.
You can also useApple card to get 2% daily cash back on every purchase you make with Apple Pay.
- It Is Convenient
Apple Pay can be use in-store and online. You can also use it at thousands of other merchants across various categories such as grocery, gas, entertainment, travel and many more.
Alternatives if wendy pay is not available at your wendy’s
If you happen to visit a Wendy’s location that does not accept Apple Pay, don’t worry, you can try other means ot pay for your food.
- You can use another contactless payment method such as Google Pay, Samsung Pay, or a contactless card. But you would have to inquire from the cashier or the restaurant manager if they accept those services.
- Using the Wendy’s app to order ahead and pay with any method you preferred. With the app, you earn exclusive offers and rewards as well.
- And last and least, using cash or traditional debit or credit card.
Does Wendy’s Allow Apple Pay?
Yes, Wendy’s started accpeting Apple Pay since midway 2022 and it is now available across most Wendy’s locations in the US.
How do i add apple pay to wendys?
To add Apple Pay to Wendys, follow the instructions below:
- Install the latest version of Wendy’s iOs app
- Set up Apple Pay via iOS Wallet App and add your credit or debit card
- Launch Wendy’s app, select your order, and click on Proceed to check out.
- Now, select Apple Pay as your preferred payment option.