ChatGPT Isn’t The Only Way To Use AI In Education
ChatGPT Isn’t The Only Way To Use AI In Education
Without a doubt, artificial intelligence (AI) is the technology that will dominate the future. As of now, it is changing every aspect of human life, including science, education, art, travel, and much more. An example of such a technology that has taken the world by storm is ChatGPT.
This tool can perform different forms of tasks. Some popular functions of ChatGPT include article writing, research, and other essential educational activities.
However, ChatGPT is not the only AI-based technology capable of supporting education. This article provides ways AI can help improve the e-learning experience. Keep reading to find out more.
The use of AI tools as assistive technology is on the rise as AI algorithms get better. This hardware and software primarily support learners with difficulties or disabilities, including mobility issues, blindness, hearing loss, and autism. Common examples of these technologies include:
- Applications that convert spoken words from speech to text for people with hearing loss.
- Applications that convert text into speech for individuals with blindness.
- Screen readers with the capacity to convert text to direct audio.
- Devices that track the eyes of students and let them control computers by looking.
In addition, there are AI-based tools you can use to directly translate text or speech from one language to another.
For students who prefer the traditional human translation, the translation services can give details on selecting the best translation services. You will also learn about a few top platforms to consider when looking for professional translators.
When discussing the future of education, we can’t fail to mention personalized learning. Most experts agree this educative path will shape the future. As such, it is forming the foundation of most online educational platforms.
What makes these learning form powerful is that it allows learners to gain knowledge while considering their individual preferences and needs.
When combined with artificial intelligence, students and educators at all levels are better able to track progress as it occurs. Furthermore, adjustments can easily be made to the learning experience to improve the outcome.
For instance, students who perform particular tasks can proceed to more advanced learning experiences. On the other hand, learners who are struggling to comprehend concepts can access extra help. Other ways of using AI to implement personalized education include the following.
- The use of adaptive learning tools to change the content a learner can access based on their performance.
- The provision of alternative learning paths that cater to each learner’s specific needs relating to their peers.
- The provision of recommendation schemes, which suggest research and reading materials for students based on their capacities and interests.
Many learning platforms have implemented personalized learning in much of what they offer. In particular, it is pretty popular in online language education platforms. Also, many of these courses are relatively cheap compared to the quality of outcome a learner gets.
Automated Grading and Feedback
Artificial intelligence has also made strides in the areas of grading and feedback in the educational sector. Within an AI-based grading system, assignments, tests, and exams can be accurately graded instantaneously.
Similarly, educators get more time to concentrate on more crucial aspects of providing personalized feedback to students. Below are some other ways automated grading and feedback aid the learning process.
- The provision of feedback through a system that provides recommendations and suggestions to students to improve their scores.
- A comprehensive grading system capable of scoring subjective tests, true or false evaluations, and multiple-choice questions.
- A grading scheme capable of detecting, reading, and scoring natural language.
- A complete system that streamlines grading and provides learners with relevant feedback when required.
Another common use of artificial intelligence is in language learning. AI tools of different types allow students to learn a new dialect in a personalized and engaging manner.
In addition, the learning experience a learner enjoys is suitable for independent or classroom settings. Some common examples of effective use of AI in language learning include the following.
- The use of a speech recognition application automatically provides feedback after the pronunciation of words, phrases, or sentences.
- The provision of dynamic chatbots allows feedback and practice in conversations.
- The use of language learning platforms capable of providing resources and personalized learning based on a learner’s progress.
Effectively using any of these AI tools should assist students in enhancing their language learning skills.
AI has the potential to transform the way we teach and learn. Yet, this article presents a few ways it is being used in education today. From assistive technology to personalized learning, automated grading and feedback, and language learning, AI is helping to create more engaging, personalized, and effective learning experiences.
It is exciting to see what new developments will emerge as AI advances in education. In addition, better hardware and software solutions will emerge that will amplify the effective and efficient use of artificial intelligence in education.