On October 5, every year, International Teachers’ Day or World Teachers Day is observed across the globe. The day is celebrated to highlight teachers’ key responsibilities, rights, and values and consider issues related to teachers and teaching.
The day is celebrated to praise teachers worldwide for their role in the economic development of their countries, as they are the sole reason for providing education to the society that enhances people’s quality of life. And we can’t say we’re Youths 4 Success without acknowledging our teachers.
That’s why we have selected 60 best world teachers day quotes to honor our teachers for their contributions to our careers. Writing one of these quotes on a card to your teacher on this world teachers’ day celebrations will be awesome!
Theme For The World Teachers Day 2021
This year, the theme of World Teachers’ Day is ‘Teachers at the Heart of Education Recovery.’ This theme recognizes teachers for their steadfast efforts even during times like the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdowns.
Due to their hardworking nature, teachers are known to help young children grow and learn, even shaping the future generation. This particular day is dedicated to them every year to thank them for all that they have done. Every profession is essential in its way, but teachers are more important no matter where you are on the globe today!
History: World Teachers Day
In 1994, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) introduced the World Teachers’ Day to create awareness about the contributions and achievements of teachers.
However, they selected the date October 5 to honor teachers. On this date in 1966, a special intergovernmental conference was conducted where it accepted UNESCO’s recommendation on the Status of Teachers.
60 World teachers Day Quotes, Wishes, & Messages
1. “I love to share Happy Teacher’s Day Quotes; that’s why I’m sharing this beautiful Teacher’s day quote with you! – Happy Teacher’s Day!”
2. ” I am thrilled about this Teacher’s Day because I have got the best Teacher like you! – Happy Teacher’s Day.”
3. “Studying can be better with a loyal teacher. – Happy Teacher’s Day!”
4. “Teachers love their students because they can’t play with the student’s expectations.”
5. “Students are the stone, and the Teacher is the Jeweler who makes the students diamond.”
6. “A teacher should be the first best friend for the student to share all the things! – Happy Teacher’s Day!”
7. “Thank you, Teacher, for being a part of my successful life. – Happy Teacher’s Day!
8. “You can never be a successful person without experiencing new things which a teacher can teach. – Happy Teachers Day!”
9. “As a student, I have seen many teachers, but you are the one whom I believe is my real Teacher! – Happy Teacher’s Day.”
10th Of 60 World Teachers Day Quotes & Wishes
10. “You gave me the way to success. On this lovely Day of Teacher’s Day, I wish you all the happiness in your life.”
11. “Only good education is not enough; teachers should be eager to teach new things too.”
12. “Teachers’ Day is not only a day, but it is a festival that the students should celebrate! – Happy Teacher’s Day”
13. “A teacher is the best role modal to follow. – Happy Teacher’s Day!”
14. “My Teacher is my real hero who made me more vital to be in a sound stage of my life. – Happy Teachers Day to all!”
15. “I wish you excellent luck with your future achievements on this educative festival of Teacher’s Day!”
16. “You are only the person whom I can ask lazy questions anytime! – Happy Teacher’s Day.”
17. ” A teacher is also a student in their own life who learns something in their life and gives it to their students. – Happy Teacher’s Day.”
18. “Thanks for bearing up with my wrong and silly questions. I would never be a successful man without you. – Happy Teacher’s Day”
19. “A teacher is the God for us who gives their experiences and understandings to us. – Happy Teachers Day to all teachers!”
20th Of 60 World Teachers Day Quotes & Messages
20. “You are the spark, the inspiration, the guide, the candle to my life. I am deeply thankful that you are my Teacher. Happy World Teachers’ Day.”
21. “Teachers are the angels who enlighten our lives with the light of knowledge and wisdom—wishing you immense joy, happiness, and prosperity because teachers like you deserve the best—a happy teacher’s day to you all.”
22. “Teachers are the epitome of strength and patience because they never give up on their students and always keep working on them for better lives. Happy World Teachers’ Day!”
23. “Our parents gave us life, and it was you who taught us how to live it. But our teachers introduced honesty, integrity, and passion to our character. Happy Teacher’s day 2021!”
24. “Teacher loves their students because they want to see their students standing in a good position in the future.”
25. “Today is world teacher’s Day, the festival of education and experiences, so Happy Teacher’s Day to all!”
World Teachers Day Quotes From Famous People
26. “Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.” – Solomon Ortiz.
27. “Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition.” – Jacques Barzun
28. “The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.” – Khalil Gibran
29. “What greater or better gift can we offer the republic than to teach and instruct our youth?” – Marcus T. Cicero
30th Of 60 World Teachers Day Quotes
30. “Those who know, do. Those who understand, teach.”- Aristotle
31. “The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.” – Eric Hoffer
32. “The great teacher is not the man who supplies the most facts, but the one in whose presence we become different people.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
33. “Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions.”- Unknown
34. “Teaching is not just a job. It is a human service, and it must be thought of as a mission.”- Dr. Ralph Tyler
35. “Summer vacation is the time when parents realize teachers are grossly underpaid.”- Unknown
36. “It takes a big heart to help shape little minds.” – Unknown
37. “Being able to help someone learn something is a talent.” – Margaret Riel.
38. “A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank. But the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”- Forest Witcraft.
39. “Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of the individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honor for me.” – APJ Abdul Kalam
40th Of 60 World Teachers Day Wishes & Quotes
40. “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” – John Dewey
31. “A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind, and touches a heart.” – Unknown
42. “Give me a fish, and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, and I eat for a lifetime.” – Chinese Proverb
43. “A good teacher is like a candle — it consumes itself to light the way for others.” – Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
44. “Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero to me.” – Fred Rogers
45. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
46. “The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives.” – Robert M. Hutchins
47. “Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.” – Lady Bird Johnson
48. “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” – William Arthur Ward
49. “Everyone who remembers his education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the educational system.” – Sidney Hook
50th Of 60 World Teachers Day Quotes
50. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
51. “One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings.” – Carl Jung
52. “Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire.”- William Butler Yeats
53. “A teacher is a compass that activates the magnets of curiosity, knowledge, and wisdom in the pupils.”- Ever Garrison
54. “Great teachers empathize with kids, respect them, and believe that each one has something special that can be built upon.”- Ann Liberman
55. “The secret in education lies in respecting the student.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
56. “Intelligence plus character– that is the goal of true education.”- Martin Luther King Jr.
57. “It is the supreme art of a teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.”- Albert Einstein
58. “A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.” – Brad Henry
59. “When educating the minds of our youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts.”- Dalai Lama
60. “One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
Thanks for checking out this collection of World Teachers Day Quotes, Wishes, and messages! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family to honor their teachers today.