Tree Crops Development Authority (TCDA), an Agency under the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, dynamic and accomplished Ghanaian professionals for an immediate job vacancy.
The Tree Crops Development Authority is a body established by an Act of Parliament, the Tree Crops Development Authority Act 2019 (Act 1010), as a regulatory structure for six tree crops: Cashew, Shea, Mango, Coconut, rubber, and oil palm in Ghana.
Job Title: Assistant Public Affairs Manager
Location: Head Office
Responsible To: Chief Executive Officer (The CEO)
Responsible for: Public Relations Officers
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
To coordinate the communication between TCDA and industry actors as well as the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop and implement innovative and proactive public relations strategies and programmes to support the achievement of TCDA goals and objectives
- Develop and ensure the implementation of strategies for maintaining good relations with the Authority’s operators
- Advise management on all media and communication matters
- Coordinate and supervise the preparation of reports, house journals and handbooks on the Authority
- Coordinate and supervise the execution of fairs, events, exhibitions, press conferences, national events such as farmers day, speaking engagements, durbars and meetings
- Draft speeches, press releases and advertisements
- Receive and brief important guests on the functions and operations of the authority
- Coordinate special campaign programmes as designed and approved by management
- Coordinate and Supervise protocol functions
- Perform any other duties assigned by management
Maintains contact with media, government and other state institutions, international community and other relevant institutions as may be directed by management
- Masters Degree in Public Relations or an equivalent programme
- A minimum of seven (7) years post qualification experience OR
- A Post graduate certificate in the specializd field with at least 10 years post – qualification experience
- Three (3) years satisfactory service as a Public Relations Officer
- Membership of a Recognized Professional Body will be an added advantage
- Extensive Knowledge of the Right to Information laws of Ghana
To apply send your application letter and CV to [email protected]
And please, avoid sending Mobile Money to any institution or person to secure an interview or a job. Make sure you go to the office of the institution before you make any payment for forms etc.