Tree Crops Development Authority (TCDA), an Agency under the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, dynamic and accomplished Ghanaian professionals for an immediate job vacancy.
The Tree Crops Development Authority is a body established by an Act of Parliament, the Tree Crops Development Authority Act 2019 (Act 1010), as a regulatory structure for six tree crops: Cashew, Shea, Mango, Coconut, rubber, and oil palm in Ghana.
Job Title: Assistant Procurement Manager
Location: Head Office
Responsible To: deputy Chief Executive Officer (F&A)
Responsible for: Procurement Officers
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
To provide supervision and coordination of all procurement activities for TCDA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the procurement policies of TCDA by ensuring the purchase of materials, equipment, spares and other consumables and services at the optimum combination of quality, price, delivery and services.
- Collate all requisitions-offshore purchases requisition/local purchase requisition from user departments and Zonal Offices
- Confer with Departments and Zonal Offices regarding requirements, specifications, quantities, and quality of goods and services and delivery requirements
- Establish letters of credit with Banks and complete the exchange control forms AI and AII for processing and fulfil the current auction formalities
- Organize and control the clearance and forwarding of imported goods to effect prompt and speedy delivery to the various users
- Prepare and submit monthly report on the activities of the unit to management
- Interview suppliers and their representatives personally and maintain close contact by correspondence, telephone and visits
- Implement measures to avoid irregular dealings in connection with procurement to adhere to purchasing code of ethics
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by CFO or management.
- supervise immediate subordinates to ensure that time, quality and other set standards are adhered to
- interpret conditions of service to and handle problems of immediate subordinates and (where necessary) consult with appropriate departments
- Appraise the performance of immediate subordinates and review those for lower level subordinates
- Identify the training needs of immediate subordinates and organize or recommend appropriate training for them
- Administer disciplinary measures to immediate subordinates in accordance with TCDA’s disciplinary code and procedure
Maintains contact with Customs, Excise and Preventive Service, Environmental Protection Agency, Inspection Agencies, Ministry of Trade, etc.
- Masters Degree in Procurement management or Purchasing and Supply or equivalent
- A minimum of five (5)years post qualification experience
- Three (3) years satisfactory service as a Procurement Officer
- Member of a Recognized Professional Body
- Extensive Knowledge of the procurement laws in Ghana
To apply, send your application letter and CV to [email protected]
And please, avoid sending Mobile Money to any institution or person to secure an interview or a job. Make sure you go to the office of the institution before you make any payment for forms etc.