Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates for Securities and Exchange Commission Ghana (SEC)
- Company: Securities and Exchange Commission Ghana (SEC)
- Location: Accra
- Job-status: Full-Time
To ensure compliance with all the Commission’s Laws and Regulations and Guidelines and provide the required legal advice and support services to all departments to achieve the Commission’s objectives.
Some Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Provide interpretation and assist with the implementation of relevant laws, regulations, and directives relating to the work of the SEC.
- Represent the Commission in Litigation either with the Commission’s Legal Team or with its External Solicitors.
- Conduct extensive legal research and analysis and provide legal opinions when required.
- Handle, formulate and draft legislation, Codes, Directives, Guidelines, Circulars, etc., and amendment thereof as required by the SEC.
- Ensure market operators comply with the provisions of the securities industry laws, Codes, Directives, Guidelines, Circulars, etc., including licensing of the market operator.
- Assist in instructing, liaising, and evaluating solicitors in the provision of services to the Commission.
- Prepare contracts and other legal documents to protect the interest of the Commission.
- Monitor the evolution of the regulatory framework, make impact analysis, and update management.
- Identify legal risks for the Commission and provide advice.
- Provide corrective action in cases where laws have been ignored or misconstrued.
- Resolve problems in cases where laws have been ignored or misconstrued.
- Provide Company Secretarial Services in the absence of the Board Secretary.
- Work under the Head, Legal, Enforcement, and with other department members and other departments when required.
Qualification Required & Experience
Educational, Professional Qualification and Experience
- Must have a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s in Law (LLM) in a field relevant to the SEC.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with Professional qualification in Law (BL).
- Must be a member of the Ghana Bar Association and in good standing.
- A minimum of 9 years at the Bar with relevant work experience, three (3) of which must be in a management position in a reputable organization.
Technical, Managerial & Behavioural Skills
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, guidelines relating to the securities industry and the capital market in general.
- Working knowledge of the securities market operations.
- Excellent investigative skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent Report writing skills.
- Creative, innovative, and good business acumen.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent planning skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills, including prioritizing activities.
- Ability to influence colleagues to work towards achieving the department’s objectives.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on this link to complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 09 October 2021
- Machine Operator Needed At GBFoods Ghana
- Project Manager Needed At Vodafone Ghana
- Digital Marketing Manager Needed
And please, avoid sending Mobile Money to any institution or person to secure an interview or a job. Make sure you go to the office of the institution before you make any payment for forms etc.