Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates for Plan International job vacancy.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
- Company Hiring: Plan International
- Position: Project Accountant Manager
- Location: Tamale, Ghana
Job Title: Project Accountant
Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia, and the Americas, Plan aims to reach as many excluded/marginalized children as possible. Plan partners with key stakeholders and delivers high-quality programs that address the barriers to children realizing their full potential.
This position is to support the successful implementation of the SHOW project in ensuring that all project operations are conducted as per the prescriptions of the Operations Manual (OM) and other approved policies and also following the donor’s procedures and policies.
Dimensions of the Role
Controls and monitor the Project budget of GHS 3,585,144.
- Prepares financial and other reports to aid the preparation of the overall project financial reports for dissemination and decision making. To do this, the position holder:-
- Ensures that project transactions are reviewed and correctly entered into SAP on a timely basis;
- Provides quarterly, year-end, and other grants financial reports and analyses as per required instructions for management decision making;
- Ensures proper filing (electronic and hard copy) of grants financial reports;
- Assists the Project Manager in the preparation of quarterly and year-end financial schedules of the project;
- Consolidates and submits monthly community and partner visits reports received from Project Staff;
- Reviews project sub-ledger for all advances and prepaid expenses and follow up on outstanding advances;
- Monitors and reviews advance liquidation.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Accounting plus ICA Ghana Part 2 or ACCA Foundation Level (Part 1 and Part 2), or equivalent.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Fair knowledge of project management.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Ability to facilitate participative processes.
- Independence, objectivity and integrity.
- Organized, methodic and meticulous.
- Develops, motivates and coaches direct reports.
- Promotes innovation and learning.
- Gains, develops and retains credibility about his/her performance.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should visit here to apply.
Closing Date: 10th September 2021
And please, avoid sending Mobile Money to any institution or person to secure an interview or a job. Make sure you go to the office of the institution before you make any payment for forms etc.
And if you have found this post to be helpful, we will be glad if you share the vibes with your friends on social media.
Our goal is to impact 10,000 young entrepreneurs, so be part of this vision as you support us today. You can use the “Buy Me A Coffee” to help youths4success continue their journey.