Applications are accepted from suitable and interested candidates for Newmont Ghana Mining Corporation.
Newmont Ghana Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with critical assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Ghana Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern Region.
There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine.
We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you expect from a global company.
This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities.
These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas, with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index.
Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Brong-Ahafo Region
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
Job Title: Emergency Response Team
About The Role: At Newmont Ghana Mining
Emergency Response Team (ERT) Program and System Execution
- Facilitate the implementation of Newmont ERT programs (i.e. fire, injuries, fatalities, Hazmat, recoveries, height rescues, confined spaces and ambulance services) to prevent and control loss due to emergency situations such as fire, hazardous chemicals and vehicle and/or heavy equipment accident response.
- Mobilize the team to respond to the emergency rescue plan system for permitted and high-risk activities, including working at heights, confined space entry, managing hazardous chemicals (i.e. transfer of cyanide).
- Administer site-wide drug and alcohol testing when required.
- Ensure that sufficient drug and alcohol testing kits are available to conduct the testing.
- Oversee the adherence of the ERT members to all standard operating procedures and protocols for all Emergency Response activities.
ERT Training Implementation
- Identify and nominate individuals that need to receive formalized fire safety training.
- Assist in the training and provide leadership to ERT Members and the development of programs to effectively deal with emergency situations (i.e. in Advanced First Aid, Extrication, Fire Fighting, Confined Space Rescue and High Angle Rope Rescue).
- Safeguard verified on-site fire permit certifications.
ERT Equipment Maintenance
- Provide report to the ERT Coordinator on the state of all ERT equipment, including fire detection and fire prevention equipment on site.
- Initiate maintenance requests required for the modification of ERT equipment.
ERT Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Assist in the implementation of effective response plan development, communication and coordination at all levels.
- Identify and maintain adequate levels of personal protective equipment (PPE) for all ERT staff through a thorough PPE inspection program.
- Ensure that the requisite PPE is provided to all ERT members to effectively address emergency situations.
Training, Skills and Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) /
- West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
- Drivers license D (Heavy Vehicle Driving Permit).
- A basic Life Support Certificate is preferable.
- Prior knowledge in rope rescue techniques and First Aid administration.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years working experience in an Emergency Response environment.
- Vast knowledge in carrying out rescue operations.
- Previous Health and Safety experiences are beneficial.
How To Apply:
Interested and suitable candidates should visit here to apply.
And please, avoid sending Mobile Money to any institution or person to secure an interview or a job. Make sure you go to the office of the institution before you make any payment for forms etc.
Other Jobs Recruitments:
- Apply For Human Resource Manager Job
- Apply For Logistic Manager Job
- Sales And marketing Manager Job
- Jumia Ghana Job Recruitment