Bruce Lee quotes for inspiration! Motivational quotes provide us with a quick and timely burst of wisdom to get our focus back, offering the inspiration needed for the day or occasion. Empowering quotes from successful entrepreneurs are very powerful to inspire for a week and inspire us when our normal motivation has lapsed.
Who Is Bruce Lee?
Bruce Lee was a famous martial artist, actor, and philosopher who was born on November 27, 1940, in Chinatown, San Francisco. Lee was raised in Hong Kong but returned to the United States for college where he studied philosophy at the University of Washington.
Bruce Lee began teaching martial arts and opened his school where he trained some of Hollywood’s leading men. It was during this time that Lee was cast in The Green Hornet and began an acting career that included several famous martial arts movies such as Way of the Dragon and Enter the Dragon.
On July 20, 1973, just one month before the premiere of Enter the Dragon, Bruce Lee died in Hong Kong, China, at the age of 32. The official cause of his sudden and utterly unexpected death was cerebral oedema, found in an autopsy to have been caused by a strange reaction to a prescription painkiller he was reportedly taking for a back injury.
Below are the most powerful Bruce Lee quotes to trigger your self-development.
25 Bruce Lee Quotes About Life
1. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it. – Bruce Lee
2. If you always put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. – Bruce Lee
3. A goal is not always meant to be reached; it often serves simply as something to aim. – Bruce Lee
4. Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature, and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. – Bruce Lee
5. I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you’re not in this world to live up to mine. – Bruce Lee
6. The possession of anything begins in mind. – Bruce Lee
7. Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick. – Bruce Lee
8. Mistakes are always forgivable if one dares to admit them. – Bruce Lee
9. Be happy, but never satisfied. – Bruce Lee
10th Of 35 Bruce Lee Quotes
10. Life is wide, limitless. There is no border, no frontier. – Bruce Lee
11th Bruce Lee Quotes: Only the self-sufficient stand alone – most people follow the crowd and imitate. – Bruce Lee
12. It is not a shame to be knocked down by other people. The important thing is to ask when you’re being knocked down, ‘Why am I being knocked down?’ If a person can reflect in this way, then there is hope for this person. – Bruce Lee
13. What you habitually think largely determines what you will ultimately become. – Bruce Lee
14. Don’t pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. – Bruce Lee
15. Remember, no man is defeated unless he is discouraged. – Bruce Lee
16. In the middle of chaos lies opportunity. – Bruce Lee
17. Do not allow negative thoughts to enter your mind, for they are the weeds that strangle confidence. – Bruce Lee
18. Preparation for tomorrow is hard work today. – Bruce Lee
19. Time means a lot to me because you see I am also a learner and am often lost in the joy of forever developing. – Bruce Lee
20th Of 35 Bruce Lee Quotes
20. If there is a God, he is within. You don’t ask God to give you things; you depend on God for your inner theme. – Bruce Lee
21. Life is better lived than conceptualized. This writing can be less demanding should I allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that, and I’ve come to understand that life is best to be lived — not to be conceptualized. If you have to think, you still do not understand. – Bruce Lee
22. Preparation for tomorrow is hard work today. – Bruce Lee
23. You will never get any more out of life than you expect.– Bruce Lee
24. The world is full of people who are determined to be somebody or to give trouble. They want to get ahead, to stand out. Such ambition has no use for a gung fu man who rejects all forms of self-assertiveness and competition– Bruce Lee.
25. I don’t know what the meaning of death is, but I am not afraid to die – and I go on, non-stop, from now on.– Bruce Lee
Bruce Lee Quotes Water
26. If you want to learn to swim, you have to throw yourself in the water. – Bruce Lee
27. Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. – Bruce Lee
28. To taste my cup of water; you must first empty your cup. – Bruce Lee
29. Suppose you want to learn to swim, jump into the water. On dry land, no frame of mind is ever going to help you. – Bruce Lee
30th Of 35 Bruce Lee Quotes
30. It is useless to try to stir the dirt Out of the muddy water, As it will become murkier. But leave it alone, And if it should be cleared; It will become clear by itself. – Bruce Lee
31.It would be best if you were shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. – Bruce Lee
32. The idea is that flowing water never goes stale, so keep on flowing. – Bruce Lee
33.Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend. – Bruce Lee
34. Life is an ever-flowing process, and somewhere on the path some unpleasant things will pop up – it might leave a scar, but then life is flowing, and like running water, when it stops it grows stale. Go bravely on, my friend, because each experience teaches us a lesson. Keep blasting because life is such that sometimes it is nice and sometimes it is not. – Bruce Lee
35. When one has reached maturity in this art; one will have the amorphous form. It is like the dissolving or thawing [of] ice into water that can shape itself to any structure. When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, one can fit in with any style. – Bruce Lee
Bruce Lee Movie – Enter The Dragon
I believed these powerful Bruce Lee quotes had triggered your self-improvement. Although he’s gone, his message is still there to inspire from generation to generations. If you study carefully, you would realize that all of Bruce Lee quotes are centred on the following:
- You should love yourself
- Don’t waste time
- Train hard in whatever you do
- Develop love constantly
- Remain positive
- Admit your mistakes
Focus on these life lessons and any time you feels like life is throwing hard at you, remember one of these Bruce Lee quotes to hold yourself up.
What are your favourite Bruce Lee quotes on the list? Could you share with us in the comment section?
Gideon is an Entrepreneur who runs several online businesses. He is a blogger, online marketer and computer geek. While working as a solopreneur for about 2 years, his passion for online marketing started growing.