With its head office in South Africa, AngloGold Ashanti Ghana is an independent, global gold mining company with a diverse, high-quality portfolio of operations, projects, and exploration activities across nine countries on four continents.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Job Title: Geologist – Exploration
Job Status: Contract Type/Duration (6 Months Fixed Term Contract)
To assist in planning and implementation of surface exploration on regional licenses, including project logistics, providing relevant process expertise and oversight responsibilities of the exploration activities
- Assist in planning and implementation of surface exploration on regional licenses, including project logistics, providing relevant process expertise and oversight.
- Perform scouting of exploration activities on the lease.
- Collect and evaluate regional geological, geochemical and geophysical data and information.
- Assist in analytical compilation and assessment of regional exploration data and results
- Maintain high quality data collection, management, and storage.
- Assist in the interpretation of geophysical and geochemical data and its resulting target generating exercise.
- Geological mapping and sampling of anomalies develop and rank Au targets for follow-up testing, drilling supervision and logging.
- Monthly Reporting on Exploration progress and interpretation of results and data for Regional targets
- Collate all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly exploration costs against budget, produce technical reports on regional exploration activities over these periods and prepare regional exploration monthly accruals.
- Ensure all geological duties on regional exploration assets and / or projects are carried out in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide training and supervision to Field Technicians
- BSc in Geology, Geological Engineering, Geophysics, Geosciences or Earth Science from a recognize institution.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in mining/exploration industry with drill rig operation and sampling
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers
- Experience in mapping, sedimentological core logging, exploration RC & DD drilling and sampling.
- Computer literate and the ability to use mining and exploration softwares to analyze numerical and graphical data
- GIS application in mineral exploration and knowledgeable in both sedimentary and hydrothermal deposits
- Ability to work systematically and not under pressure with quality of work as a priority
- Able to identify risk, analyze and solve problems and good communication skills
- Be able to embrace new techniques and technologies, and be interested in keeping up to date on industry requirements and advancements
- Have a good work ethic and be goal oriented
- Medical fitness for the position and the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving License and ability to drive Light Vehicle
Interested candidates should submit their application before close of business on 8th September, 2021.
Interested applicants should follow this link to apply.
And please, avoid sending Mobile Money to any institution or person to secure an interview or a job. Make sure you go to the office of the institution before you make any payment for forms etc.