Applications are invited from interested and adequate candidates for the UNDP job position below.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network for change. It connects countries to experience and help people to build a better life through their knowledge resources.
- Company: United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Accra, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job Status: Full-Time
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Duties And Resposibilities
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Support to effective and efficient functioning of the unit (UN Clinic’s office/operations unit/administrative unit/Billing system)
- Support to UN clinic’s administrative and logistical services
- Support to UN clinic’s office maintenance and assets management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with DHMOSH/UNDP rules, regulations, policies, and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plans as well as monitoring quarterly budget execution.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
2. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the unit (UN Clinic’s office/operations unit/ administrative unit), focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support the UN Clinic’s office operations: appointments, billing of clients.
- Supports in the preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background
- information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Supports in the preparation, data collection and analysis of clinic surveys
- Translation of simple correspondences, when needed.
3. Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and
- maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock
- list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of
- Support in the recruitment of new Clinic staff, liaising with Clinic Manager and UNDP
- Human Resources and Operations to meet deadlines.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection
- and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
- Support the preparation of the Annual Procurement Plan for procurement of medicines,
- Diagnostics and medical supplies and supervise its implementations
- Accounting for the applicable medical supplies and equipment according to
- recommended guidelines.
- Participating in logistics operations pertaining to the management of expired supplies and
- re-distribution of medical supplies in the UN clinic.
- Assisting in the arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel
- authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Electronically archive the old medical files. Storing and record keeping of stocks.
- following international standards
- Extraction of data from various sources. Research and retrieval of statistical data from
- internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Assisting in the organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation
- of documents for UN clinic’s shipments (received/sent), Preparation of all necessary
- documentation, implementation of follow-up actions
- Carries out post award activities of establishing import declaration forms and forms of
- payment to suppliers.
- Prepares timely and accurate reports
- Performs other duties as required.
4. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assists in maintenance of the clinic records on assets management and the preparation of the mentioned reports.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
5. Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Secondary education. Certification in administration desirable. Diploma or equivalent in Medical field desirable or a University Degree in Business or Public Administration.
5 years of relevant experience in administration or programme/finance support service or 2 years of relevant administrative experience is required at the national or international level for a University Degree in Business or Public Administration.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling web-based management systems.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should visit here to apply.
Application deadline: September 12, 2021
And please, avoid sending Mobile Money to any institution or person to secure an interview or a job. Make sure you go to the office of the institution before you make any payment for forms etc.